30 октомври 2016

Spotted (Pun Intended) / Плезещият се жираф

I've posted about this fun challenge earlier - Sarajo Wentling's husband has set a monthly challenge for her to create jewelry using as inspiration a picture from their travels and the best part is that anyone can join the fun on her blog Sj Designs Jewelry. The picture for October is a sweet giraffe with his/her tongue sticking out. I made a wire wrapped dragon veins agate pendant - the veins of the stone and the wrapping imitate the giraffe's spots, if it's not that obvious :) I made a double twisted cord with brown and yellow glass beads and my very own clasp!
Вече съм писала за това забавно предизвикателство в блога на Sj Designs Jewelry, в което всеки месец съпругът на Sarajo Wentling публикува снимка от съвместните им пътувания и, който иска, може да участва със своя интерпретация под формата на бижу. Снимката за октомври 2016 е един много симпатичен изплезил се жираф. Ето какво сътворих: оплетена с тел висулка от тъмнокафяв ахат с тънки оранжеви драконови вени, забележими само при силна светлина. Оплетката и вените на камъка имитират петната на жирафа, ако не се сещате :) Направих двойна усукана корда с нанизани кафяви и жълти едри стъклени мъниста, както и собственоръчна закопчалка.



Here is the video that will teach you how to make the clasp / От този клип ще научите как се прави закопчалката

I suddenly remembered a polymer clay bead that I disliked, even if I bought it myself. I wire wrapped it into a Jungle Flower pendant. You may say there is no jungle in the picture but if there is a giraffe, there is a jungle some place close :)
Внезапно се сетих за едно мънисто от полимерна глина, което не харесвах особено, макар сама да съм си го купила. Оплетох го с тел и направих висулка "Цвете от джунглата". Е, на снимката няма джунгла, но - има ли жираф, тя ще да е наблизо :)


Check out what Sarajo made here / Тук можете да видите какво е сътворила Сарахо

8 коментара:

  1. I love the caging done on the polymer clay pendant. It looks like an old wicker basket thats full of flowers

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Now I see it really does, Divya! I was aiming at something tropical & jungle themed and didn't see the obvious :)

      Изтриване
  2. I adore your necklace! That pendant is just perfect and your wire wrapping on both pieces is just stunning. I'm in awe of your work there! Thanks for playing along with us this month!

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Sarajo! I didn't have a suitable art bead and it took some thinking, so I'm glad you like it!

      Изтриване
  3. Oh, this is a great necklace. I totally get the giraffe in it. And your clasp is really beautiful too. Great work with that inspiration. When I saw it, I was totally baffled. I'm glad you were able to see more in it than I did. :)

    ОтговорИзтриване
    Отговори
    1. Thank you, Hope! I was, too, at first but then I decided to go for the pattern and this necklace happened :)

      Изтриване
  4. I love the necklace with the spotted dark pendant. Your wire weaving skills are exceptional and thank you for sharing the video showing how to turn a shank button into a clasp.
    Be(ad) happy!
    Ana Cravidao

    ОтговорИзтриване

Ще се радвам да ми казвате какво мислите! I appreciate your comments!